Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bats Away!

So I decided to start a blog mainly to have a place to document moments I'd like to remember.  I'm not doing a very good job of it in my journal so here's hoping this goes better. 

Where to start...  We are gearing up for our move back to Fort Benning, GA.  We've been in Laurel, MD for the past year and are very excited to be moving closer to family and friends.  Glen graduates from his nursing course on 3 August.  He has been working and studying so hard!  We're very proud of him here in the Ramsey house!  We had hoped to head south on the third after graduation but it looks like we'll be here till the end of August.  It's not ideal but we're working with it.  I'm so eager to get to Columbus and find a new place and get our life there started!

Our home here in Laurel has been nice. I haven't had many complaints - the dryer takes too long to dry the clothes, the a/c is turned off way too early and turned on way too late but the BIGGEST one would have to be the BATS. There are bats in the over hang of our balcony. Glen isn't near as irked about it as I am and that bothers me a little. One actually found it's way IN the apartment about a month ago. I have no idea how it got in but it was sure flying around the living room. Woo was already in bed thank goodness. It was about 10 pm, I went to the bathroom and came out to a bat in my face! I locked myself in the bathroom till I got the courage up to get my phone out of the living room and run into my bedroom where I locked myself till Glen got home.  Of course it was no where to be found by then. So we went to bed. I couldn't sleep knowing it was in the house somewhere!!  At about 3 am it comes flying out from under the closet door!! NIGHTMARE COME TRUE!! I had locked myself in the room with the thing for hours waiting for Glen to get home. Glen saved the day though and got the bat out. Now they have been walled up in the over hang. We now have a bat mausoleum over our balcony. Way to go maintenance man! At least we're leaving soon.




1 comment:

Blog Background

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to Glen and a mother to Eloise. There's nothing better than spending time with them.