Monday, October 8, 2012

Florida Visit

Glen has self scheduled himself to have about 4 days off in a row.  The only downfall to that plan is he has to works 4 days in a row.  I wasn't looking forward to so many days alone with a super active almost 2 year old and super fussy 5 week old so we packed up and headed south!  

My dad is the best dad in the world.  He doesn't want me to drive so far alone with the kids so he drives 8 plus hours (round trip) to get us.  This time Glen was able to drive us half way.  I really do have the best family ever!  

We stopped at the Florida welcome center for a break.  We got some OJ and Eloise and Emery had fun posing in the cutouts.  I had to force Eloise to leave.  Silly girl!

This was the first time most of the family met Emery. I don't even know what number great grandchild Emery is for Granny.  The number is getting up there.  Oh we love her so much!
Eloise loves her cousins.  Where ever they go she is right there behind them.  She had to copy Keaton laying on the floor.
You just can't get enough love from Pepa and Mema.
Eloise found the courage to get into the tree house this time and had so much fun in the Padgett's yard.  I only got pictures of her playing out there one day.  I'm lucky to every have my phone - the boys can't stop playing it!  I should be better about bring my camera I guess.



We also hit the duck park.  Lailan came with us and now that she's 15 she drove us there.  The boys were so funny telling her to "drive faster like mom" "we're never going to get there!".  Once we were there they were praising her for driving so well.  So silly.  

Eloise showed that new found courage by feeding the scary aggressive ducks and by going down the tallest slide in the park!  Yeah, I had Lailan spot her as she went down.
I got a couple shots of Eloise "loving" Emery.  She just can't stay away from him.

We also celebrated Aunt Pat's birthday.  I think Eloise thought it was for her.



Emery slept through all the fun!
Did he know we were on our way to see Daddy?  I love that sweet sleepy smile. 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful trip for us down here. Glad you guys came. mom

    ReplyDelete

Blog Background

About Me

My photo
I am a wife to Glen and a mother to Eloise. There's nothing better than spending time with them.